- Estate Planning
- Will Contests
- Probate Litigation
Russ is the first attorney to be recognized as an estate planning specialist by the Tennessee Board of Certification and Specialization and holds the Accredited Estate Planner and Estate Planning Law Specialist designations with the National Association of Estate Planners and Councils.
He received his B.A. degree from the State University of New York at Albany in 1984 and his J.D. degree from the Washington College of Law at American University, Washington, D.C. He also attended the University of Copenhagen in Denmark enrolled in their International Business Studies Program. Russ is a member of the National Association of Estate Planners and Councils, the Middle Tennessee Estate Planning Council, and the Tennessee Bar Association.
Russ conducts various seminars for clients, financial consultants, and attorneys. He has been accepted by the CFP Board as a Continuing Education Sponsor and provides seminars eligible for Continuing Education credits for Certified Financial Planners. See Our Seminars for current offerings.
He is also recognized by the Tennessee Bar Association as a Continuing Legal Education Speaker. He is the former co-host on the Retirement Report television show on Channel 5 and has appeared on 99.7 WWTN, 1510 WLAC and 107.9 WMSR radio.
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- State University of New York, Albany, New York
- B.A. - 1984
- University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Honors: International Business Studies Program
- Tennessee, 1991
- Maryland, 1988
- Recognized by the Tennessee Bar Association as a Continuing Legal Education Speaker
Classes & Seminars
- Basic Estate Planning Seminar
- TN Asset Protection Seminar
- Continuing Legal Education Speaker
- Retirement Report
- Bottorff, Kavin, and Cook, Partner, 1992 to 2007
- Holton and Walker, Associate, 1990 to 1992
- Conroy, Fitzgerald, Ballman, Dameron, Associate, 1987 to 1990
- National Association of Estate Planners and Councils, Member
- Middle Tennessee Estate Planning Council, Member
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member, 1997 to Present
Certified Legal Specialties
- Estate Planning Specialist, Tennessee Board of Certification and Specialization
Current Employment Position