Probating Estates Throughout Middle Tennessee
Have you been appointed as an executor of a family member’s estate? Do you have questions about executor duties in Tennessee? Are you concerned that a loved one’s estate is not being handled properly?
Most executors have never probated a will. The process can be complicated, time-consuming, and costly, especially if not completed properly. If you are facing a probate matter in the Nashville area, seek the legal assistance of a skilled and experienced probate attorney at the Brentwood law firm of Cook Tillman Law Group.
Let Us Handle The Complexities Of Probate For You
With more than 30 years of combined experience with matters of estates, wills, trusts, and administration, there is nothing that our certified estate planning specialist has not seen. Let our legal team guide you through each step of the probate process, including:
- Probating last wills and testaments
- Preparing affidavits of heirship
- Filing the will with the appropriate Tennessee probate court
- Developing the best strategy for fairly and expeditiously probating the estate
- Closing and opening bank accounts as necessary
- Transferring assets from the deceased to the estate
- Finding and collecting assets
- Paying estate taxes
- Valuing, managing, preserving and liquidating the estate
- Locating beneficiaries
- Working with the decedent’s trusted advisors and hiring experts, when appropriate
- Handling intestate administration
- Helping avoid will contests
Exceeding Your Expectations – Maintaining Your Privacy
For many of our clients, privacy of family details is of primary concern. Not only will we provide you with skilled guidance and prompt completion of each step, we also keep the details of the process in strictest confidence. Some documents must be filed with the court and, during your initial consultation, we will explain the level of privacy you can expect.
From the first time you meet with us, we will help you understand what the probate process will entail. Together, we will assess what you need and set out a plan to achieve the results you need as quickly as possible. Additionally, we will provide you with a book authored by our founding attorney, Russ Cook. This book makes it possible for you to fully understand the probate process on your own. You may also hire us only for the services you need.
Call 615-200-9117 to schedule an initial consultation or to refer a family member or friend.